We’re halfway through winter term and we know you’re very busy, but we have some important announcements to let you know about:
RCC is making a big change to the way we email students. Starting Monday, we’re going to email you ONLY through your RCC student email account. This includes newsletters and general updates, as well as when you contact your advisor.
Your RCC student email is the same as your username for Blackboard. You can check your email at outlook.office365.com. If you need any help, visit the Student Computer Labs FAQ page. HINT: There’s a video with instructions on how to forward your student email to your personal account.
Have you taken the Student Experience Survey? It takes just a few minutes to complete and you have an opportunity to win a new laptop, a $100 tuition gift certificate, and other prizes. Click here to access the survey. It closes tomorrow — Friday, Feb. 11.
READY, SET, REGISTER
Spring term begins April 4. Priority registration for veterans opens Friday, Feb. 11. See the registration schedule to learn when it’s your turn. Make an appointment with your advisor if you need any help.
ASK FOR $800
Have you applied for the Cash for College COVID Relief Grant this term? Winter term students may be eligible to receive a grant of up to $800, but you have to apply each term. You can still qualify even if you’ve received COVID relief grants in the past.
It’s time to apply for 2022-23 scholarships through the RCC Foundation. The early bird deadline is April 1 and the application closes June 1. Get all the details on the Foundation website.
All spring and summer graduates must submit a graduation application — even if you’re not planning to attend the ceremony. The deadline to apply is Feb. 28. Our drive-through “Carmencement” ceremony will be Saturday, June 18 at the Redwood Campus. Learn more at roguecc.edu/commencement.
- Student Huddle — Tuesdays from 12:30-1:30 p.m. — Student government (ASG) hosts a weekly forum on Zoomwhere students can ask questions, voice opinions and gather valuable information about RCC.
- Get Yourself Tested — Feb. 16 & 17 — Free STD testing and naloxone kits & training from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. the RWC Library rooms 3 & 4.
- Pizza with the President — Friday, Feb. 18 from 12-1 p.m. — Free lunch and an opportunity to meet RCC President Cathy Kemper-Pelle in the B Building lobby at Riverside Campus.
- Presidents’ Day — Monday, Feb. 21 — No classes! The college will be closed.
- Courageous Conversations: Sundown Towns Part II — Tuesday, Feb. 22 from 12-1 p.m. — Join via Zoom to learn about Oregon’s history with “sundown towns” and how you can help create a more welcoming community.
- Land: Perspectives from Indigenous Peoples and Western Science — Thursday, Feb. 24 from 12-1:30 p.m. — Join indigenous elder David West and RCC President Cathy Kemper-Pelle for a Zoom discussion on our connection to the land.
- Chili Cook-Off — March 2 & 3, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. — Sample chili and vote for your favorite at the Student Veteran Organization’s 3rd annual Chili Cook-Off: Wednesday, March 2 at the RWC Student Center and Thursday, March 3 at the TRC Veterans Resource Center (Room A-150).
Have a great day!
P.S. Stay in the loop every day with the RCC campus app! Download for free at your app store. Search Rogue CC.