Dear RCC Ospreys,
As we quickly approach the end of this academic year, many of you are making summer plans, lining up work, taking summer classes, or all of the above. Before you get too busy, we would like to remind you to make sure your financial aid affairs are in order.
- Spring 2022 aid & past due balances – if you still owe a balance for this academic year, please pay online via myRogue or contact your Financial Aid Advisor to see if there are any funding options available to you. Students with an unpaid balance may not be eligible to register for summer/fall classes.
- 2022-2023 FAFSA or ORSAA – If you have already completed the 2022-2023 FAFSA or ORSAA, the Financial Aid Office will be contacting you via your RCC student email. If you have not been assigned an RCC email, Financial Aid will contact you through your FAFSA email.
- Watch your email – Pay close attention to Financial Aid emails sent to your RCC student email. Missing items may result in delayed awards or loss of eligibility for aid opportunities. You may also choose to forward your RCC Student email to your personal email to ensure you don’t miss any important correspondence.
- Priority Deadlines – Complete your FAFSA/ORSAA and any required documents prior to the corresponding priority deadline to ensure your Award Offer is available to you before classes begin. Most documents can be found on the Financial Aid Forms page.
- Award Offers – Award Offers are made on a first-come, first-served basis. It is imperative that you review your award carefully. If you do not plan to enroll full-time (12+ credits), complete the Enrollment Change form.
- New Tribal Grant for Oregon students — Oregon has created a new funding opportunity for Native American students who are enrolled members of one of the nine Oregon federally-recognized tribes. Funding for the Oregon Tribal Student Grant is limited so apply as soon as possible!
Thank you for adhering to the deadlines and information above. By avoiding a late summer rush of document submission, we will be able to better serve the RCC community and you will have more time to ensure your finances are in order prior to the start of classes.
Some things to keep in mind as you look ahead to summer term and beyond…
- Need Summer aid? Complete the Enrollment Change Form and submit it to your Financial Aid Advisor.
- New to RCC? Applying for aid is as easy as 1-2-3! Learn how to Get Started to make sure you are on track to start classes!
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) To continue to be eligible for federal aid, you must meet the “Satisfactory Academic Progress” requirements posted on the Financial Aid website.
- Need a job? Check out our student employment opportunities at Student Employment Services.
If you have questions about your financial aid, please contact your financial aid advisor.
Have a great summer!
Financial Aid Advising
541-956-7501 | FinAidAdvising@roguecc.edu
FINANCIAL AID HOURS & LOCATIONS:
RVC (Medford): Tues 8am – 5pm | Student Success Center – Rm 9
RWC (Grants Pass): Mon-Thr 8am – 5pm | L Bldg Advising Center
Tue & Fri 8am – 5pm | Welcome Center
TRC (White City): Mon-Thr 8am – 5pm | A Bldg – Rm 187
Watch your RCC email & add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Safe List.